Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
During the aging process, hormone fluctuation and depletion wreak havoc on the body. This is nowhere more apparent than during perimenopause and menopause in women and during andropause in men. Society has come to accept that this is a natural process and that its outcomes—mood degradation, muscle loss and fat accumulation, decreased energy, declining libido and sexual performance, and brain fog, to name just a few—are inevitable. Additionally, research has repeatedly demonstrated a strong relationship between the hormonal imbalance of menopause and andropause and an increased risk of developing cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, stroke, thyroid malfunction, and other age-related disorders. That is quite the grim outlook on aging!
But what if there is a different way to age? What if you do not have to suffer from these symptoms? BIOMEND is confident there is a better way to age. Hormone replacement not only prevents the physical, mental, psychological and sexual decline we have up until now considered inevitable, but also it is protective against the diseases most likely to cut us down later in life—cardiovascular disease, dementia, stroke, and osteoporosis-related fractures.
Recommended Combination Treatments:
- Medical Weight Loss
- General Wellness Consultations
- Customized Nutraceutical Supplements
- What type of hormones does BIOMEND use? We use bioidentical hormones, which are biologically identical to those in your body. Bioidentical hormones are safe and effective, in contrast to synthetic hormones like Premarin and Prempro, which have dangerous side effects.
- What can I expect bioidentical hormones to do for me? They will give you back your quality of life—increased energy levels, restored sexual drive and function, enhanced mood, relief from anxiety, depression, and brain fog, and improved body composition. Additionally, HRT has been shown to be protective against cardiovascular disease, stroke, osteoporosis, and dementia.
- How are these medications administered? We utilize pellets, injections, creams, and oral routes for HRT.
- Is HRT safe? Yes! In contrast to some early research studies showing possible adverse events related to HRT, studies that have since been debunked, the large majority of research on HRT consistently demonstrates safety and efficacy of HRT in preventing age-related hormonal decline, in addition to preventing heart attacks, strokes, dementia, and osteoporosis-related fractures.
- What is the process? We start with a comprehensive lab evaluation to assess your individual hormone levels, as well as a litany of other health markers to evaluate whether additional deficiencies or disease processes could be contributing to your symptoms. A consultation and lab review is then scheduled with one of our medical providers. If recommended, pellets can be administered that day. Follow-up labs are performed at 2-4 weeks and any necessary adjustments are made to your dosing. Repeat pelleting is recommended every 3 months for females, and every 6 months for males.